Just when you realize that you can ask for dirty filthy soap as "cilantro on the side"...
Just when you finally learn to like – not love, because you’ll never love, but like – Southeast Asian cuisine...
The food world turns your self-hating world upside down with a betrayal so rank it reeks its fermented cabbage fragrance to heaven.
In 2008, Korean (finally) becomes the new Southeast Asian, hurling me into yet another ethnoracial identity crisis that will require no less than thirty days of blogging-as-therapy, starting with a dozen links to show Baby, they've been waiting for me.
2. America’s Next Top Model eats dog stew
4. Korea’s Kimchi Addiction Catches on in the West – Will kimchee be the next salsa? At the very least, it’ll replace slaw on (bulgogi) burgers.
5. When asked about ethnic cuisine in American mainstream, Morimoto says Korean cuisine "may increase in popularity" - "may?"
6. Buzzword for 2008 Is “Korean”: Seoul Bros., In Seoul Café, and Jian Korean BBQ [Eater, Jan 01.08.08]
8. I Yam What I Yam: Mr Pizza Factory – Why I crush on J Gold: "a pizza that dreamed of becoming a plate of nachos but ended up flunking Spanish"
12. Bulgogi Burger is real.