I’ve caught a meme from a couple of BFs (blogfriends), but don’t worry, they weren’t at the same time ;) The original instructions were simply to list four things for each subject, but since I don’t follow instructions, and I have a problem with brevity, I’ve added my own long-winded comments and disclaimers.
Four Jobs I've Had in My Life:
These are not in chronological order, but in the order of importance to me.
- Is food blogging a job?
- Slinging sake and shochu in a Japanese restaurant was the job for which I was hired, but whenever a cook called in sick, I got to fill-in.
- Planning events could have been glamorous, but not when the events are economic conferences.
- I did marketing, marketing, marketing in almost every flavor known to a business school ice cream parlor.
Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over:
I don’t watch a lot of movies, and to be quite honest, I doubt I could actually watch any single movie over and over, but if I had to, these are the ones I love and, in fact, have seen more then twice.
- American Beauty
- Fight Club
- Usual Suspects
Four Places I've Lived:
Before settling here in LA, and listed with food memories from each...
- Berkeley, CA – Fat Slice, Zachary’s, Top Dog, Steve’s Barbecue....and Chez Panisse
- Cincinnati, OH – Skyline Chili and Montgomery Inn Ribs
- Detroit, MI – cider doughnuts at the Franklin Cider Mill, Little Caesar’s Crazy Bread
- San Antonio, TX – Tex Mex!
Four TV Shows I Love to Watch:
I also don’t watch much tv other than brainlessly watching the Food Network so since that is basically a given, I’ll do my best to come up with shows that are not on channel 55.
- Awards shows
- The Daily Show
- CNN, driven by a particular affinity for the medical specials
- Tony Bourdain's No Reservations
Four Places I Have Been on Vacation:
Flying is a huge problem for me, so I have a rather uninteresting travel history. Hopefully, a trip to Chicago last fall was the beginning of my recovery...
- Chicago and Milwaukee
- Miami for the Winter Music Conference (not to attend the conference, so yes, it was seven days that felt like one long night of clubbing, and I didn’t eat a thing)
- Bay Area almost every year
- Summer mega road trips wherever the AAA triptik took my Delicious family in our Buick woodie, all along the Eastern seaboard, through the southeast, across the south, and all over the southwest. Everywhere.
Four Websites I Visit Daily:
- gmail – to find out if I’m going anywhere
- google – to find a place to go
- gmaps – to find out how the hell to get there
- foodpornwatch – because at the end of the day, I never end up leaving my house ;) (I would list specific sites, but I don’t want to offend anyone by leaving them out)
Four of My Favorite Foods:
This is so unfair. I can’t commit myself to only four favorites!
- anything so spicy that it makes me weep - chiles, mustard, horseradish, Indian and Korean foods
- little pickled things like olives, kimchee, sauerkraut, giardiniera
- oily, stinky, fishy fish like anchovies, sardines, mackerel (saba)
- tortilla chips in any form - with salsa and guacamole, or full-fledged nachos
Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
- In the kitchen cooking
- On the dancefloor (and if Sasha and Diggers happen to be spinning, well...)
- Trying something on my To-Dine List for the first time with my best friend
- In my bed reading (food) porn
A couple of food blogs, and a couple others, just to prove I don't have a problem.
- The Amateur Gourmet - because I am double-teaming him with Year in Food (who tagged me)
- Citizen of the Month - because I know it would be funny
- Fresh Approach - because she's a busy working girl now and making lists are easy
- LA Ritz - because she has excellent taste and is a fellow LA girl