We had so much fun the first time, didn't we? Getting to know each other? There were a few awkward moments of silence in the beginning, but with a little bit to drink, suddenly we were laughing over our shared frings about Tony Bourdain. Perhaps you revealed a little bit more about yourself than you normally would the first time, but that's okay. We both did.
When we came to the end of the night, there it was. A moment. Breathless. Hopeful. Anxious. The question. You stumble over the words. So do I. Do we want to do this again? Yes. Yes, I'd love to. I most definitely do, because I think I'm interested, I think I might like you, and I think I want to get to know you a little bit more. You just might be...The One. (Yes, you, the one reader who actually reads my blog.)
So here we are. Our second date. Let's make it quick so we can get to the good stuff. You know, the stuff for which we wait until the second date ;)
Answer in the comments, please. I mean, really, please answer and save me the embarrassment of sitting alone at a table for two, on my second glass of syrah, being stood up.
- How did we meet? Was it through a mutual bloggy link friend? Was it an online *search* service? (If it was, your search is over, baby. I'm The One.) Did we just bump into each other between carts at the Farmers' Market?
- What was the last thing you ate?
- What are you wearing?
- Red wine or white wine? Or is it more like "Wine? Only Hello P---ies drink wine. Bring me a G&T!"
- Do you believe in love at first bite? Yes? *sigh* What ("who" if you're naughty like me) was it? Tell me everything. In explicit detail. I want visuals because I'm a blogger and don't get out much.
- After a shower, do you towel off top-to-bottom, or bottom-to-top?
- Where will I find you and what will you be doing on a Sunday afternoon at 2 pm?
- What is the last book you read? (You do read, don't you? Okay, fine, if it only has pictures, that counts, too.)
- What song is on your playlist that you are too embarassed to admit out loud, but when your windows are rolled up you totally put the volume on level 20? (Admit it. You love Vanilla Ice, too!)
- Favorite salad dressing?
And if you'd like to share you thoughts on the current state of anything political or related to current world events, please do. I don't watch much TV, so it will help me.
** a year ago today, i was playing joanie and chachi at milwaukee's The Swig. **