The Delicious Life Cookbook-a-Day Giveaway
The Short: I'm gifting you with a copy of Summer Gatherings: Casual Food to Enjoy with Family and Friends by Rick Rodgers for my birthday. You have from now until just before "later" to let me know whether you want it (and honey, you want it).
Though technically it doesn't matter what you say in your comment, let's make it interesting anyway by commenting on your favorite thing(s) about summer. I need to hear them because I have a love/hate/hate/love relationship with summer and after finishing the first week of June, my instinct is definitely on the not-love side. I will explain just after "later."
Good luck trying to convince me that summer is lovely. I am doing my best with 10 Things I Love About Summer:
1. My birthday.
2. My birthday. Wait, did I already say that? Just wanted to make sure you heard me the first time.
3. Birthday cake. My favorite kind of cake is birthday cake, even the kind from the grocery store "take a number for faster service" combination deli counter/bakery that always made me feel a little weird that the same counter that serves sliced salami also serves custard-filled chocolate cake with buttercream frosting.
4. Birthday presents.
5. Birthday gifts. They are not the same thing as birthday presents, so you should probably get me both.
6. People taking me out for birthday dinners.
7. Birthday BBQs on the patio, by the pool
8. Do you sense a pattern here?
9. I do.
10. My birthday.