By now, you've seen a few installments of what shall henceforth be referred to as The Delicious Dozen™, a list of twelve semi-random, semi-interesting links from around the interwebs. I'll be sharing these every week to force some semblance of regularity in blogging, since God knows the fiber supplements sure aren't working. Rather than risk having bosses from around the corporate globe taking some sort of disciplinary action for your extreme decrease in productivity at work due to increase in delicious web distractions, I'll restrict The Delicious Dozen to the weekends when you're at home, and publish the thoroughly outlined, well-composed, entertaining Delicious Life posts during the regular Monday-through-Friday work week because I know you would never, no not ever, waste your employer's valuable time reading that nonsense anyway.
Just for looking out for global productivity, you know. I'm thoughtful like that.
Most of the time, the links will have to do with food, sometimes restaurants, occasionally LA, and every once in a while, I may have to point to a mini-dress or a pair of shoes because really, one just can't live a Delicious Life dining out unless one is wearing a mini-dress and 4" stiletto heels, now can one?
1. This week's Food Terror Alert Level is Orange: Airborne is a sham, Aunt Jemima Pancake & Waffle Mix recalled for salmonella, alfalfa sprouts also recalled for salmonella, Gorton's Battered Fish Fillets recalled for pills (wtf?), and Stop N Shop recalls chicken.
3. Now that I "work" remotely, Jack in the Box's free wi-fi will come in handy, you know, when Panera Bread kicks me out after four-and-three-quarter hours of squatting solo on a four-top with nothing but a mini baguette and 17 refills of tap water.
6. Gift me a Wii! If not for Cooking Mama, then for Major League Eating.
9. Fletcher Capstan Table: Dinner Party Transformer (Gizmodo) - One turn of a hidden handle and the table transforms from seating an intimate six to a party of 12.
10. Kimchi...Revisited (David Lebovitz 3.5.2008) - I would actually trust this white man to make kimchee (even though he spells it "kimch-I")
11. You Click...You Cook (Chicago Sun-Times 3.5.2008) - It's not enough to just take photos and write anymore. Food bloggers, it's time to go video. (Guess I should figure out how to use my new Nokia N95.)
12. The Lady's Brunch Burger - Paula Deen, please adopt me.