Smoked Salmon Spread Recipe
recipe by Impressionist Claude Monet, as encouraged to make and share by auction house Christie's
- 1½ cups fresh goat cheese room temperature
- 3 tablespoons half & half
- 2 tablespoons snipped fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped lemon peel
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ pound Norwegian smoked salmon slices roughly chopped
- 1 baguette thinly sliced
Place goat cheese, half & half, chives, thyme, lemon peel, and salt in a medium bowl.
Using a wooden spoon, mix well. Add salmon and fold in.
Transfer to a serving bowl, place on a platter, and surround with baguette slices.
Can be prepared one day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before serving.